Gabriela Alves Werb
|Digital Marketing Strategy|
Gabriela Alves Werb is a quantitative marketing researcher and a Ph.D. candidate at the Goethe University Frankfurt within the structured doctoral program of the Graduate School of Economics, Finance, and Management (GSEFM). She holds a M.Sc. degree in Quantitative Management from GSEFM (Germany) and a degree in Production Engineering from PUC-Rio (Brazil).
She started her career at IBM (2007-2011), where she dedicated herself to financial sales, financial analysis, controlling, pricing and process improvement. In 2011, she joined the consulting firm Hays, where she worked for more than three years. She initially led projects in the Engineering & Manufacturing sector and later led and restructured the Oil & Gas business division in Brazil.
Gabriela Alves Werb's current research lies in the interface between marketing and finance. She is particularly interested in understanding how marketing activities may create novel risk exposures for firms, investors and customers. Her teaching focuses on machine learning methods and their application to solve substantive problems in marketing.
In her free time, she volunteers for social projects that promote the integration of immigrant children and young adults through education and empower girls and young women. In 2018, she was honored in Frankfurt as an outstanding individual with a migration background by the Frankfurt City (Herausragende Persönlichkeiten 2018, German only).
Selected Research Projects
- (Alves Werb, G., Skiera, B.,Doppler, C., 2019), Visibility-at-Risk: Measuring Firms’ Risk of Visibility Losses in Organic Search Results - Under Review at the Journal of Marketing Research
- (Alves Werb, G.), The “Google Effect”: Linking Organic Search Visibility to Shareholder Value - Work in Progress
- (Alves Werb, G., Paul,T., 2019), In Reviews We Trust: The Dark Side of Review Incentive Programs - Work in Progress
- (Alves Werb, G., Schmidberger, M., Skiera, B., 2019), Predictive Modelling in Marketing: Ensemble Methods for Response Modeling“
Gabriela Alves Werb's teaching focuses on machine learning methods and their application to solve substantive problems in marketing. She enjoys having discussions with students about the strengths and weaknesses of the methods covered in class, as well as their current applications in marketing research and practice.
- Fall 2018: Machine Learning (Ph.D. und MSQ, English) with Prof. Dr. Bernd Skiera
- Spring 2017, 2018 and 2019: Data Mining in Marketing (Master, German / English) with Hon-.Prof. Martin Schmidberger