Dr. Dominik Hettich
- Consumer Behavior (especially with regard to the effects of societal and digital change) ̶
- Information Processing and Purchase Behavior of Older Consumers
- Innovation Management
- Product Development and Access to Markets in the Context of Heterogeneous Skills and Inclusion
Dr. Dominik Hettich is a postdoctoral research fellow in the Marketing Department at the Goethe University Frankfurt. Prior to his current position he was a doctoral student at Goethe University Frankfurt and at the University of Stuttgart. He holds a Ph.D. in Marketing from the Goethe University Frankfurt and studied Technically-Oriented Business Administration at the University of Stuttgart.
Dominik Hettich's research addresses questions at the intersection of marketing, psychology and sociology. His work focuses on consumer behavior and innovation management, especially with regard to the effects of societal and digital change - e.g. due to demographic developments or the growing ethical awareness of consumers in various domains. His research has been published in the peer-reviewed journal The Gerontologist and presented at various renowned scientific conferences.
Dr. Dominik Hettich teaches different marketing courses at Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
- Consumer Decision-Making of Older People: A 45-Year Review. The Gerontologist, gnx007 (together with S. Hattula and T. Bornemann), 2017
Selected Conference Presentations
- Schäfer, C., Hettich, D., Schroth, S. (2020). Inclusion, Access Costs, and Market Orientation: A Story of Missed Opportunities and Far-Reaching Potential, Proceedings of the 49th Conference of the European Marketing Academy (EMAC), Budapest, Hungary.
- Hattula, S., Hettich, D., Bornemann, T., Hattula, C., Gebhardt, L., & Durst, A. (2019). Relevance of Visual Complexity in Online Shopping Cart Abandonment, 41st ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Rome, Italy.
- Hettich, D., Hattula, S., & Bornemann, T. (2019). The Role of Age in New Product Adoption: An Information Processing Perspective, Proceedings of the 48th Conference of the European Marketing Academy (EMAC), Hamburg, Germany [Top 20 for the Best Paper Award based on a Doctoral Work].
- Hettich, D., Hattula, S., & Bornemann, T. (2018). Older Consumers' Resistance to Innovations: An Information Processing Perspective, Proceedings of the 47th Conference of the European Marketing Academy (EMAC), Glasgow, UK [Top 20 for the Best Paper Award based on a Doctoral Work].
Awards & Honors
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2020
- Vereinigung von Freunden der Universität Stuttgart e. V. Award for an Outstanding Graduate Thesis 2016
Teaching at Bachelor's level
- Introduction into Marketing
- Seminar: Current Topics in Marketing Research
- New Products Management
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Empirical Social Research
- Seminar: Advanced Topics in Marketing Research
- Seminar: Experiments in Marketing Research
Teaching at Ph.D. level
- Advanced Management and Marketing 2